MEMBER BENEFITSVentura County Bar Association is working for you….
Increase Your Network
The Ventura County Bar Association offers a very successful lawyer referral program. The Lawyer Referral & Information Service Program (LRIS) is a State Bar certified (#0059) and ABA approved program, in operation by the bar since 1959.
- LRIS receives in excess of 10,000 phone calls annually from people interested in obtaining legal assistance.
VCBA Events & Programs
Mingle with legal professionals at a variety of events.
Interested in the legal field and need hands on experience? This unique and invaluable opportunity will provide enrichment and can contribute to your overall legal experience. Serving as a VCBA Liaison, you will learn the many facets of VCBA as well as guiding individuals in having access to justice in Ventura County. We are seeking self-starters which have a knack for technology and can be a team player. We are exceedingly flexible and offer a myriad of resources for your future growth with some perks. Contact Steve Henderson or Sandra Rubio at the Ventura County Bar Association at 805.650.7599 or email@example.com
VCBA Leadership Opportunities
Become a VCBA leader and increase your exposure.
The Barristers are newer attorneys who have practiced less than six years and are 35 years of age or younger. The Board of Directors meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month beginning at 1:30 p.m. and steered this year by Josh Hopstone. Plenty of social activities and CLEs. President Hopstone may be reached at 659.6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search for VCBA Members
- Online access to discounted MCLE programs and critical MCLE information.
- MCLE Compliance Information.
- Discover and discuss topics that may affect your practice.
- Many programs are webcast and can be viewed on any internet connected phone, tablet or computer.
Practice Resources & Development
- Array of benefits to assist members in their practice, many accessible online.
- Citations Magazine: Premier monthly magazine published by VCBA, delivered by mail and online.
- Lawyer Referral Service: Obtain fee-paying clients through the VCBA State Bar Certified Lawyer Referral Service.
- VCBA Sections: Dozens of substantive law sections provide education, news about recent developments, and opportunities to network with colleagues and judges.
Citations Magazine is a published monthly and covers the Ventura County’s Legal Community.
• President’s Message
• Calendar of Events
• Advertising Opportunites
Jobs and Jobs Postings
Inns of Court Program
The JHB Inn of Court Ventura County Chapter meets the 2nd Thursday of each month September through May. This 501(c)(3) are of the bar association is currently led by President Kathryn Clunen and assisted by 12 board members including Judge Harry Walsh, Judge Tari Codi, Judge Michele Castillo and Commissioner JoAnn Johnson. Membership applications may be obtained by contacting Steve Henderson at 650.7599 or email@example.com. Gatherings are held at the Saticoy Country Club beginning at 6:00 p.m. with a social, dinner and a continuing education program.