Ventura County Legal Aid
“If you seek legal help and your income is low, visit the free legal clinic or call VCLA at 805-650-7592. Intake appointments are conducted Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. During the intake appointment, the Intake Coordinator will ask you several questions to determine whether we can assist you.Click here for an Application for Assistance. If we cannot assist you, we will do our best to refer you to someone who can.
VCLA does not take walk-ins other than during clinic hours, which are on the first and third Tuesday of the month when Ventura public schools are in session. The walk-in clinic is located at the Ventura County Law Library from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.”
- VCLA Home page: https://www.vclegalaid.org/
- VC Law library: https://www.vencolawlib.org/
- VCLA Application: https://www.vclegalaid.org/#!application-for-assistance/wzfmf
- Helpful Links: https://www.vclegalaid.org/#!helpful-links/gommj
|Ventura Superior Court’s Self-Help Legal Access Center
800 South Victoria Avenue, Room 400,
(805) 289-8724 Free; no eligibility limits. General info about the courts & representing yourself in court.
|Ventura Superior Court’s Family Law Self-Help Center
800 South Victoria Avenue, Room 400
(805) 662-6661Free; no eligibility limits. 1st come, 1st serve-to 1st 35 people each day only.
|Simi Valley Court’s Family Law Self-Help Center
3855-F Alamo Street, 2nd floor
Simi Valley, CA
|Free or Low Cost Bankruptcy Help
San Fernando Valley – Bet Tzedek (818) 769-0136
Santa Barbara – Conejo Free Legal (805) 497-3575
Santa Barbara – Legal Aid (805) 963-6754
|Juvenile Court Family Resource Center
4353 Vineyard Avenue, Room 206,
(805) 981-5974California Rural Legal Assistance (CRLA)
Free legal assistance to eligible clients.
Open M-F 9am – 5pm
338 South A Street, Oxnard
(805) 483-8083Santa Clara Valley Legal Aid
Walk-in clinic. Free legal assistance to eligible clients.
642 Lemon Way, Fillmore
Open Thursday evenings at 6:00pm
|County of Ventura District Attorney’s
*Real Estate Fraud Unit
5720 Ralston Street, Suite 300
(805) 662-1750*Persons who believe they may be victims of real estate fraud are encouraged to contact the DA’s office*
Se habla espanol.Ventura County Law Library 800 S. Victoria Ave, Ventura, CA 93009Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
FREQUENTLY NEEDED INFORMATION
Local Court Rules