Ventura County Bar Association is working for you….
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION
- Online access to discounted MCLE programs and critical MCLE information.
- CLE Calendar & Online Registration.
- MCLE Compliance Information.
- MCLE Transcripts: Request a list of CLE programs attended through the VCBA for State Bar reporting purposes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to place your request.
PRACTICE RESOURCES & DEVELOPMENT
- Array of benefits to assist members in their practice, many accessible online.
- Citations Magazine: Premier monthly magazine published by VCBA, delivered by mail and online.
- Lawyer Referral Service: Obtain fee-paying clients through the VCBA State Bar Certified Lawyer Referral Service.
- VCBA Sections: Dozens of substantive law sections provide education, news about recent developments, and opportunities to network with colleagues and judges.
- Legal Services Directory: Online pictorial membership directory searchable by name, firm and location. Hard copy also published.
- Legal Services Finder: Online list of vendors for attorneys, including office & administrative services, court reporting, conference room rentals, legal research providers and expert witnesses.
- Insurance Discounts.
- Classifieds: Post and view classified advertisements online and in Citations Magazine.
- VCBA Sections: Network with colleagues in your practice area by joining a substantive law section.
- VCBA Events: Events throughout the year provide opportunities to network with colleagues and judges.
- Law Day 5K Run: Annual 5K run/walk to celebrate law day. Proceeds raise money for legal services in Ventura County.
PRO BONO AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- VCBA Volunteer Legal Services Program(VLSP): VCBA-sponsored program that provides legal services to indigent and low income individuals; members can volunteer attorney time and/or make a financial contribution.
- Public Education Committee: Participate in VCBA’s efforts to educate the public about the profession and legal services.
- Fee Arbitration: Volunteer to serve in the VCBA Fee Arbitration program as an arbitrator.
LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES & DEVELOPMENT
- Conference of Delegates: Engage with VCBA members and attorneys throughout the state to propose and debate resolutions affecting the the practice of law.
- VCBA Committees: Participate in committees to help shape court court policy and procedure, and the future of VCBA.